It’s been a pretty unremarkable week again. I started writing weeknotes in order to remember more about what I’m doing with my life. I should probably start writing them incrementally over the course of a week, rather than getting to the end and being completely blank.
Anyway. This week, from what I remember:
At work I added a bunch of functionality to our internal admin panel. It’s a lovely bit of software, a server rendered website written with Node & Express, no build step, no fat client side frameworks, and for the most part works without JS at all. Simpler times. I’ve been thinking a lot about ✨ tools ✨ recently. There’s probably a separate blog post coming at some point in the indeterminate future.
On Monday, we had an urgent front-end deployment to roll out, but our CI pipeline was, to put it bluntly, fucked. Much to my amusement, and after much deliberation, we decided to embark on a pretty dodgy exercise of manually copying our static build files to s3. The modern equivalent of drag-and-dropping files on to an FTP server. Full circle?
Spent time with Leah, friends, family at the weekend which was great. This weekend I’m planning on doing things but I’m not entirely sure what yet. Time will tell.
This Week’s Media:
- Off Menu Podcast - pretty amusing podcast with James Acaster about dinner, basically
- Hangout at the Gallows - Father John Misty - still a great song after listening to it so, so many times
- King Of The Mountain - Kate Bush - I know Kate Bush is a Tory, Don’t @ me. I will never give up this song
- Vice City - Biig Piig - came up on Spotify discover as I was writing this post
- Fleabag - BBC - really great watch, dark, funny, pretty painful viewing at times